Comparison of 304 stainless steel and 430 stainless steel:
- Corrosion resistance: stainless steel 430 contains 16.00-18.00% chromium and no nickel metal. 304 stainless steel contains more chromium and nickel metal, so the corrosion resistance of 430 stainless steel is not as good as 304 stainless steel.
- Stability performance: 430 stainless steel is in ferrite form, 304 stainless steel is in austenitic form, and 304 stainless steel is more stable than 430 stainless steel.
- Toughness: 304 stainless steel has strong toughness, stronger than 430 stainless steel.
- Thermal conductivity: the ferrite of 430 stainless steel has better thermal conductivity than the austenite of 304 stainless steel.
- Mechanical properties: 430 stainless steel is added with a stable titanium chemical element, and the mechanical properties of the weld are better than 304 stainless steel.
430 stainless steel application fields:
- 430 stainless steel is mainly used for building decoration, fuel burner parts, household appliances, and household appliance parts.
- 430F free cutting steel grade is added to 430 steel, mainly used for automatic lathe, bolts, nuts, etc.
- Add Ti or Nb to 430 steel, reduce the C content to 430LX, and improve the processing performance and welding performance, mainly used for hot water tanks, hot water supply systems, plumbing appliances, durable household appliances, bicycle flywheels, and so on.
304 stainless steel application fields:
- 304 stainless steel has high-temperature resistance, good processing performance, and the high toughness and is widely used in furniture decoration, food, and medical industries.
- 304 stainless steel has strong corrosion resistance and is widely used in manufacturing equipment and parts that require good comprehensive properties (corrosion resistance and malleability).
Summary: 304 stainless steel and 430 stainless steel have their advantages:
430 stainless steel has better thermal conductivity and mechanical properties, and 430 stainless steel is more suitable for architectural decoration, fuel burner parts, household appliances, household appliance parts, and other fields; 304 stainless steel has excellent thermal conductivity and mechanical properties. Stainless steel 304 has strong toughness and corrosion resistance and is more suitable for industries that require corrosion resistance, such as industry, food, and medicine